Wednesday, May 23, 2007

At the shores of the Promised Land.

Tired. Can't sleep, can't wake up. Mind so weary of thinking. So many uncertainties. When I sleep I dream of all them, the worst always happens there. When I am awake I see visions of all the good God promised me. Day and Night, Good and Evil. Continual war is upon me, I can't loose guard for a second. Sounds like too much, but when I think of it, I choose to remind myself that He knows all. The Lord shall not forsake me, and above all He knows what I go through. He has a purpose of all this and the outcome will be for good.

Make my hands strong O Lord for my enemies have gathered around me, they lay in wait for my soul, setting a trap for my mind and spirit. Make way for me through the sea, they stood on the shore laughing at me saying "where is your God now? How would he take you across without a boat? Your arms are not even strong to swim. Come back with us to your place, under the tables again." I look up to you my Lord for my enemies have mocked me, they have belittled my faith, telling me there is no way out for me. But Lord I choose to believe, even if it is getting hard, I don't want to give up just before the dawn and band my eyes forever. Your promises are so sweet and precious that I would never be able to find their match somewhere else. Help me Lord, Father! for I am so tired.

The Spirit of the Lord awakes me, Gives me a new breath in my nostrils, a new beat for my heart and a new way for my feet to go. Through lots of water He creates a way, through walls and mountains, He makes a new path. Wonders and miracles are the work of His hands, the second He chooses the Time. He will bring my righteousness to the light, and declare cleanliness of my hands, for I have followed Him with all my heart and kept His laws. His mercies surround me all the days of my life, and I shall see the goodness of the Lord forever.

No comments: