Saturday, May 26, 2007

Summer

Mind tired and head so heavy. The heat hunts my energy, draining the life out of me. At the edge of nowhere, consumed by trying to look for tomorrow. "What now?" I ask, Lifting my eyes to God. I am in the middle of Nowhere Lord, closer to the edge of space. Time is not mine to manage anymore, Energy slips through my fingers into the sand. You speak of great things, yet where I am is so low. I want to panic, rebel, worry; but I keep reminding myself of Faith. I don't want to loose the promises because of my unfaithfulness, and lack of trust. Help me! I can't do this alone, Help me do it. I can't do it by myself, I need You Lord.

War is upon me, my enemies are using all weapons to kill my spirit within me and captivate my very own soul. They want to put out the flame kindled within me before the light spreads, killed in infancy, they seek to kill me in my cradle. Goodness is not found in them, honesty is far from them. Tongues of lies and bodies of lust, words of deceit and their steps lead to hell. Days and nights they attack me, waves after waves they come. I swim, and I drown, then I reach out for air again. My Life is within me yet, the storm is far away from ending, the night seem so long and the darkness seems without end. Knives thrust through my mind and flesh tearing through my will.

I look up to you Lord, and to You I lift my silent cries, with invisible tears I cry within me. I wait and wonder, When? I have waited and waited and yet I don't know, Maybe I understood You wrong, But No! If You have told me once I would have doubted, More than one time in many ways You told me. But You never told me when.. May my prayers reach your courts, may my case be considered, I shall trust your Goodness and your Love to me and I will rest my case for I know that the Lord has bent His ears to my words, His eyes sees my mere existence and knows it all. All He has done is for good and after the turning of days I shall know and witness for His Grace, The day will come when I will rejoice in the name of the Lord my God, He shall deliver me, and into the promise He shall establish my throne, All that His mouth have spoken, Shall come to pass, and I will Glorify the Lord my God and Father forever.

No comments: