Thursday, September 6, 2007

Lover behind the wall..

Pursuing a blind destination, my feet walk restless. On the tower of my head, my eyes watch and warn my mind silently. Mind drugged into its mad dance after my wild emotions that gone out of control long time ago. Damn! what am I writing? Am I not the lover I used to be? Who am I? My human side was buried along the sands of loneliness long ago when I thought I was in love, Stabbed a hundred times and betrayed a million! Oh I remember those days when my arms were open wide hugging life, when a smile was tattooed on my dancing heart. Day by day they poured acid onto my heart, pierced it and ripped it off my chest. That was the best song ever written, let him die, let him go. They sang it with all their breaths. With all their might and all the life within them. Now I went out to the markets and to the roads, I put on my mask and gave my love for free to the daughters of the philistines and the women of Canaan, They accepted me in their homes, brought water for my feet and food for my body. They saw the gold in my hands and the sweetness of my tongue and listened carefully, they treasured my words and dwelt on promises. They flew to the clouds and danced in the fields. They begged me to stay and held me, never letting go. And you O daughter of Israel, what have you done? O you ample of my eyes, you life of my heart where have you gone? For years I have knocked at your doors, I left you traces of me and my fragrance everywhere you went. I bribed the roses to remind you of my love, I have called the trees to mark my name, I smelted the metal and gathered the pearls from the blackness of the depth just for you. And so? You hardened your heart, Petrified your veins and frozen your eyes. You set high your walls and thickened your doors, moved your tents and covered your traces. If I was a beast of mischief or a man of iniquity wouldn't the scale of justice find a sentence for me? Wouldn't the cage and the sword hunt me? But I was counted with the wicked and numbered with your enemies and no fault or deceit lied within my being. I stretched my hand with peace and love to you, smiled with hope and spoken of a promise. Built you a home, created you a future, look up in the heavens as look at the plans I have for you. Sadly you turned away and pursued the drunken dreams of your ignorant heart. You followed the trend, expecting me to bend. Thinking my arm could be twisted and my mind could be changed you tried to dress me in your mediocre fantasies. Your plans were so small I didn't fit in them, your dreams were so selfish I wasn't counted within them. How many times did I wake you up from your drunkenness, many more have I covered your nakedness and all the time I was there for you and I never brought you to justice nor put you on trial. Though you have wronged me so much, my love for you was far beyond your sins. What was my crime that you would sin against me? Am I guilty of love? Or is it that you are red-handed double-crossing betrayer? You have split your heart and fooled your mind. You learned the ways of deceivers and followed the paths of the wicked. You looked within you for a god, crowned yourself on a throne and expected all to worship you. You set your seat in the midst of the stars and waited for everything to roam around you. You looked at me and waited for me to take my place in your foolish imaginary world. Ha! O look at you now? you sit within the dirt, you crown yourself Queen of nonsense and Mistress of vain! You open your eyes and yet you can't see. You talk to yourself cause there is no one there to answer you. All that you have built and all you have done is only in your head. And yet I still knock, behind the fences, doors and walls.. Wake up my love.. wake up my dear.. wake.. up.

No comments: