Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pygmalion, uncarved yet.

The silent surface of the pool was so celestial I couldn't resist flowing into it with my thoughts and mind as the water that drifts within its smoothly sliding current. There is much more beauty within the dead and the nonliving. Stones so real solid unchanging beauty more than the years of the loved ones. Make me a beauty out of marble, make her smooth, place her well. Make that statue for me, may the hands of the maker form her well. Blameless and flawless may she be.. But please don't give her life, don't open her eyes, nor revive her mind, keep her still, leave her there. Unspoilt and unbroken. Solitude is hers forever, not loneliness but a peaceful silent stable state of mind and heart, let her inclination be towards the dying seed of eternal life. I, given to make and change, given to create and destroy, to start and end, given a key and authority. The dying seed of eternal life was in me and yet to be and beyond it shall be. Where is the land that would be blessed by what is within me? where is this fruitful woman that will bear what I have and carry what I shall give, Am I not all that I give? Shall I not give all I was given? I shall not keep any for myself for I was called and I follow the voice of that call, Even if I don't hear it, I follow what I heard and what I already know. I follow through valleys of death, I have dwelt between my enemies more than the days I dwelt within the arms of my loved ones. Spirit! and What Spirit! Isn't it the Spirit of the Most High? Wasn't His power within me? And still is! Called to fulfill an ancient quest and to finish the work many has started and striven to continue. Yet Time is not here, not now, It has been and will come to be. Mold her a beauty, beyond all beauty ever witnessed, Make her fairness beyond all accurate measurements of man. Make her a bride! Make her a wife and a Mother full of grace and wonder. I have spoken of wonders beyond my humane, beyond my knowledge, beyond my dreams. Spoken and will speak, who will listen? Who will understand? who will reveal the secrets and riddles of my words? No mind will unlock those seals and no heart will feel their content. Only with the Spirit of Him, only for the given. On time. Bathed in fire I was and yes, the fire still flames within my inner being. The same fire that brings me life, that keeps me going, one day will consume me to my destiny and to my path where I long to end and reach it's prize. Look not at me, I am just a word, I was uttered with life, I was given but I am not the Giver! I am not but HE IS! Who am I? Yes, I am much, and more and yet, nothing.

I want to write more, much more, I want you to hear and see and stand in the light again. My child where have you gone to? Why so far you wandered? Why for so long? Am I not your father who loved you? Am I not your friend who laughed with you? Was I not He who supported you to Live? Was I not who gave you Love? Talk sense to me and tell me when did I leave you and where did I forsake you? Remind me once of anything that I let happen to you that wasn't for your ultimate benefit, you before anyone else and yet it was for every one's good! Talk to me about that which you think would make me regret anything I ever done or let happen to you. I know that silence will be your wisest answer and it shall be for you know that all you have which bothers you is your bitterness and childish selfishness. Son, its time you grow and it's time you leave those childhood days. It's time to be strong and stand up! It's time to carry my yoke and do my work. Battles are for men, and war is for those who can carry their shields. Lest your feet are firm and your shoulders are strong, you shall fall. Up you go, Get up! Be strong and I shall make you stronger, you shall fight by your father's side for I shall not leave you alone, you shall not fall nor stumble. I have never left you before and I shall never leave you, Ever!

No comments: